Inquiry-to-Order is a term describing the collection of processes a company has implemented between receiving an inquiry for product and the receipt of a firm customer order. This typically includes:
- Opportunity identification
- Opportunity screening and bid/no bid decisions
- Quote and proposal development, submission approval
- Negotiated price and terms approval
- Hand-off to the Order-to-Cash process
Alternative names include: Inquiry-to-Contract, Contracting.
See also: Forecast-to-Plan, Plan-to-Product, Source-to-Pay, Inquiry-to-Order, Order-to-Cash, Record-to-Report, Acquire-to-Retire, Risk-to-Assurance and Hire-to-Retire.
|RFQ||Request for Quote||RFQ|