The activities associated with loading the vehicle for transportation. This may include reporting in and out by the vehicle operator, determining load/unload sequence, preparing transportation documentation, accepting the load by the vehicle operator and finalizing the vehicle for transportation.
- Staging and and loading product in the sequence the recipient unloads/consumes the vehicle (JIS)
- Loading product in a container of vehicle
- Loading containers on a vehicle, plane, ship
- Prepare and print shipping documentation; Import/Export documents, Hazardous materials documents
- Securing the load; Blocking, Bracing, Strapping, Dunnage, Lashing
- Finalizing the vehicle; Closing the door or hatch, applying a seal (where applicable), putting away loading equipment
Once loading is complete a notification may be send to the receiving parties.