Deliver is the macro process representing the processes associated with managing orders and shipments for products and services. Deliver processes are required for supply chains to accept t:SOs, fulfill these orders and invoice customers. Customers generally primarily interact with a supply chain through Deliver processes.
The Deliver process includes order management, warehousing, transportation, managing Import/Export.
- Standard Order taking and fulfillment
- Replenishment shipments
- In a manufacturing plant: Replenishment shipments to a Distribution Center (DC)
- In Retail: Shopping, check out
- In a Warehouse: Pick, pack and ship customer orders
- For services: Scheduling resources and delivering services
Deliver processes are execution processes that apply to inter-company and intracompany transactions.
- Inter-company is defined as "conducted between or involving two or more companies". For example: Accepting and fulfilling customer orders.
- Intracompany is defined as "conducted within or between the branches of a company". For example: Replenishing DC inventory by shipping replenishment inventory from a company manufacturing plant.
|SCO||Supply Chain Operations||0||SCO|