This page needs to be updated. Please participate in the discussion at the Plan Sales & Support Operations Discussion Page
The collection of processes associated with developing a projection of the realizable sales and contracts for current and future periods. This is generally based on the comparison of demand ("the forecast") and available resources. Available resources include sales staff, prospective customers in the sales pipeline ('funnel'). The sales & support operations should recognize the constraints and opportunities from:
- Sales - the Sales Plan (P2)
- Contracting - the Deal Plan (P3)
- Customer Support - the Support Plan (P4)
- Supply Chain - the Supply Plan
- Marketing - the Product Lifecycle Plan
Sales & Operations Planning integrates the Sales And Support Plan and the Supply Chain Plan.