The activities associated with processing and communicating the settlement to the customer. This may include:
- Processing a refund
- Requesting a replacement product
- Requesting a re-make order
- Requesting product disposal
- Requesting a return to the customer
- Notifying the customer of the outcome
The processes of entering a replacement order and product return to the customer are part of the Deliver process, the processes of creating a M4 order is part of the Make process.
Settle Return is a RL process.
- Refund processing upon receipt and inspection of returned product
- In a Call Center: Review of return policy and refund/replacement options
- In a Retail Store: Processing refund on credit card, store credit and/or cash refund