The activities associated with preparing and issuing the invoice and other documentation as required. This may include detailed specifications of the product delivered, quality and grade documentation as contractually required or customary.
Where applicable this may include triggering the payment draw process. For example settling a credit card payment or drawing a Letter of Credit.
- Standard invoice upon delivery
- Credit card settlement
- Issuing a commercial invoice for tax declaration purposes
- Monthly billing cycle
- Issuing a pre-payment invoice
- In restaurant: Presenting the check/bill
- In Retail: Presenting the total and processing payment
The receipt of funds is a financial process. The Invoice process is an operational formal request for funds for products and services delivered per the agreed terms and conditions.
In a retail store Invoice is part of the Checkout process.