The activities associated with collecting, aggregating, consolidating and establishing the view of demand for products and services. This may include historic and current orders, pricing, campaigns and trends. The output of this process is the sales forecast for current and future periods.
Gather Demand Forecast processes may include:
- Data extraction
- Decomposition in forecastable characteristics for configurable products
- Historical trend analysis
- Demand trends extrapolation
The output of Gather Demand Forecast is at the level in the product hierarchy required to perform supply & demand balancing. This may be at item level, configurable characteristics (variant) level by period for the planning horizon.
- Customer forecasts (bill-to or ship-to level)
- Sales Agent forecasts
- Regional/subsidiary forecasts
|P1||Plan Supply Chain Operations||2||P1|
|P101||Gather Demand Forecast||3||P101|
|CSF||Customer Specific Forecast||CSF|
|SDF||Statistical Demand Forecast||SDF|