The activities associated with loading the vehicle for transportation. This may include reporting in and out by the vehicle operator, determining load/unload sequence, preparing transportation documentation, accepting the load by the vehicle operator and finalizing the vehicle for transportation.
- Loading product in a container or vehicle
- Loading containers on a vehicle, plane, ship
- Prepare and print shipping documentation: Import/Export documents, Hazardous materials documents
- Accepting the load; Weighing in and out for bulk products
- Securing the load; Blocking, Bracing, Strapping, Dunnage, Lashing
- Finalizing the vehicle: Closing the door or hatch, applying a seal (where applicable), putting away loading equipment
- In Retail: Loading vehicle for return shipment to a Distribution Center
- At home: Pick-up by parcel service
Once loading is complete a notification may be send to the receiving party.