The activities associated with the movement and handover of product (goods, materials) to a process requesting replenishment. E.g. a request to replenish production line stock. This includes scheduling the transfer, picking, handling of the product and recording the associated inventory transactions.
Products transferred using S106 are Generic Stock (unrestricted stock) unless picked, assigned and received for a specific (production) order.
- Standard raw material picking and transfer to production line, cell or storage
- In a factory: The movement of goods to a staging location or production location
- In a factory: Replenishing a supermarket
- In a Warehouse: The physical movement of goods from the receiving area to storage location
- In Retail: Picking product in backroom/storeroom and transporting to the store front (Shelf filling is a Receive & Store process)
Transfer may occur without S105 in use cases where product is transferred directly from the receiving dock to the point of consumption Make or Deliver.
|RS14||Sourcing Cycle Time||2||RS14|